Pembroke Pines (K-12) Campus - Guidance Counselor (9-12)
Welcome to Franklin Academy’s High School Guidance Department. Our counselors are here to assist students in the areas of Academic, Personal/Social and Career Development. We are committed to helping each student reach his/her personal goals.
Mrs. Christine Englert, Director of Guidance firstname.lastname@example.org
BRACE Advisor/Dual Enrollment Coordinator
Ms. Ivy Velasquez email@example.com
BROWARD VIRTUAL COUNSELOR
- Students can access their academic information by logging into their Broward Virtual Counselor account. Academic information includes cumulative GPA, test scores, academic history, graduation information, and community service hours. Students may email their school counselor to receive their 06 Broward County student number and password.
COLLEGE & CAREER CORNER
Virtual Webinar Series offered every Wednesday from 6-7PM. Receive information, resources and action steps to prepare for success in life after high school.
VIRTUAL COLLEGE FAIRS IN OCTOBER!
October 21, 2020
Join us for the B2L October 21st Virtual College and Career Fair! Here is your opportunity to engage with Florida colleges, Ivy League schools and HBCUs. We will kick off with information sessions on college admissions, FAFSA, scholarships, higher education options during high school and careers. Then you will have the chance to Zoom directly with colleges and universities of your choosing! Students may register to attend at https://heydays.io/events/b2l-virtual-college-and-career-fair
October 22 and 27, 2020
Saturday, October 24, 2020
Keiser University invites you to attend the next ‘Seahawk Saturday’ virtual campus visit to the KU/Flagship campus in West Palm Beach. It’s a great chance to get a closer look at the KU campus as well as to learn about degree program offerings, campus life, residence halls as well as opportunities in Athletics, Marching Band, Cheerleading, and Esports.
I hope you have time to join us this Saturday, 10/24 at 11am.
- State University Admissions Matrix 2020-2021
- Florida's Official Student Advising Site
- College Navigator NCES
- Career Planning
COLLEGE ENTRANCE EXAMS
PSAT/NMSQT for 11th grade students is TBD.
PSAT 10 for 10th grade students is TBD.
Most colleges use both SAT and ACT test results to help determine admission eligibility. Both tests are widely accepted. We recommend students take both tests in order to determine which test is better for them.
- Where to register:
- The following websites are great places to get free practice:
COLLEGE FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE AND SCHOLARSHIP
- Florida - Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Federal Student Aid – FAFSA
- FastWeb Scholarship Database
- Scholarship Search
- The Best Scholarship Search Platforms of 2020
FLORIDA BRIGHT FUTURES SCHOLARSHIP
STUDENT COMMUNITY SERVICE
- 40 Hours are Required to Graduate!!!
- You must ensure that you are performing your hours with a non-profit agency
- For opportunities and acceptable locations ask your guidance counselors or check-out Hands On Broward and VolunteerMatch
- Additional hours are required for the Bright Futures Scholarships:
- 100 hours for Florida Academic Scholarship
- 75 hours for Florida Medallion Scholarship
- Student Service Volunteer Hours Log Sheet
- Community Service Learning Guidelines
PLANNING FOR GRADUATION
Please consult with your counselor for more information.